Friday, 30 March 2012

I’m a little teapot


It’s toilet-training time. My baby has grown up.
Well, almost!
I'm in the kitchen. The almost 3-year-old is in the family room practically naked and just out of sight. He’s playing with Topsy Turtle – the game with the green and yellow talking musical turtle. I’m reassured by the recurrent dum di dum di dum di dum di dum dum di dum di dum di dum dum di… and lulled into a false sense of security.
My mantra - where there’s noise, there’s no trouble.
dum di dum di dum … I’m really up high …di dum di dum dum di…
The coloured pile of counters fall. He starts again.
dum di dum di dum di dum di dum dum di…
 ‘Mam’, he shouts.
‘Yes’, I reply!
‘Look’ he exclaims.
I look, automatically at first, then with that ‘oh no, what next’ feeling.
‘Wee wee’, he cries excitedly holding the Topsy turtle box.
‘Where?’ I ask.
‘Here’, he answers wide-eyed, pointing in the box.
He puts the box on the ground, one hand on his bum, the other hand on his “wee wee” and starts singing
 I’m a little tea pot
short and stout,
Here’s my handle and
here’s my spout.
The teapot box is duly filled!
The turtle is upturned, left to crawl the air.
dum di dum di dum di dum di dum dum di…

No comments:

Post a Comment